View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #100
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wulfham

Vaenosa awoke to Incana shaking her violently. "Vaenosa get up, get up Dorran needs our help!" Vaenosa's first reaction was to stike out at whom ever was shaking her. But her head cleared and she suddenly remembered where she was. She was not at home in her comfy down bed, she was lying on the hard ground in a clearing not far from the road. The sun was beginning to illuminate the sky, morning was approaching.

Vaenosa jumped up, her head was whirling. The men were back and they were hurt? what is going on? Vaenosa saw Incana attempting to make her way towards the lone figure that was hobbiling towards them. Incana stopped, turned and slowly made her way back towards Vaenosa and sat down, defeated on to her bedroll."Please go to their aid, they need help and I am not able to do so!" Vaenosa stood for a long second, then made her way silently to Dorran.

She came along his right side and motioned for him to lean heavily on to her. He obliged and they slowly made their way back to the camp. Vaenosa stayed quiet on the trip to the fire, but it was not strained. She did not want these particular young men to be injured or die, even at those times she had been bold and mocking towards them, she found them both intriguing and wanted to see how far she could push them. She knew at some point they would snap on her,as all men usually did, but she was always curious to see how long it would take them. She brought Dorran to Incana who was waiting anxiously.

"Where is Brand? Is he greatly injured?" Vaenosa asked. Dorran pointed towards the direction to where they had gone. "I left him a distance from here in a small clearing, he is covered in my coat. He is injured! Please hurry!" Vaenosa whistled for Nay, leapt upon his back and headed down the path Dorran had indicated. She found him not too far, lying beneath Dorran's coat. His face was bloodied, as was the ground around him. She slid from Nay's back and rushed to the fallen man.

She was unsure of what all his injurys were and was insure how to get him back without causing farther injury. "Nay my boy, I need you again. Come here." She motioned Nay to lay down and she tried to move Brand. She used all her strength and rolled him onto Nay in a sitting position. She did not want him to fall or injure himself even more on the ride back. Before she left, she scanned the area. She picked up Dorran's bloodied coat and a knife she found on the ground. As she looked to see where they had put the cat, she noticed a large Willow tree growing not far off from the dead feline. She knew that the inner bark was an analgesic or painkiller. Seeing as they would definately need some pain relief she gathered some with her dagger. She again went to the feline, grabbed it by the scruff and dug the fangs from the jaw bone. She wiped her hands on her slacks, pocketed the teeth and started back with Nay in tow.

She had to stop a few times to readjust Brand's position,and now when she pushed him back into place he let out a moan. They were approaching quickly and Vaenosa could see the fire. She motioned again for Nay to come to Brand's bedroll. She positioned Brand over her shoulder, for the quickest decent off the horse. She laid him down without to much strain and turned to face the two concious people.

"Here I found these." Vaenosa said handing Dorran his coat and the knife. "Also I brought back some Willow bark. It will help with the pain. Steep it with some tea and see if you can get him to drink some. You two should have some as well. I will be back shortly, I need to wash the blood from Nay now before he attracts any more predators." Vaenosa turned wearily towards the stream leading Nay behind her.

Last edited by Valier; 02-22-2006 at 12:57 PM.