View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #94
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Bregoware

Meghan

Megan rolled groggily from her blankets and jamming her feet into her boots had followed the others to where Rædwald stood talking to another old man. She’d brought her bow along, not sure whether it would be needed. There had been no warning call from Rædwald nor sound of scuffling. In fact it was one of the others who’d waked her, shaking her shoulder and saying someone had hailed them from just at the edge of the camp proper.

The fire had burned down to coals and the only light was from the moon and stars. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and tried to make out who it was. Someone sent by the village council, she thought she’d heard him say.

‘Old men are springing up from the damp night earth like mushrooms!’ she muttered, watching them clap each other on the back. ‘Well, perhaps they can keep each other company.’

She glanced over to where Osmod stood. She could not see his face well, and she wondered what he was thinking. He had seemed the natural leader of their little group as they’d started this journey. Now what would happen with two seasoned, if older, Riders, who were sure to have plenty of opinions and suggestions to offer, whether asked or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rædwald

‘Come closer, come closer my friends!’ Rædwald motioned them forward with his hand, a grin on his face. ‘This is an old friend of mine, a comrade from my younger days. We were Riders together!’

‘You must excuse them, I think,’ he said quietly to Sythric. ‘It’s quite a lot to have me and then you show up out of the darkness.’ He cocked his head a little to where Osmod stood. ‘From what I’ve gathered talking to the other young fellow, that one there has been their leader so far.’

Last edited by Undómë; 02-21-2006 at 03:39 PM.