View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #84
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Bregoware

I don’t think another rabbit will be necessary, Eostre” Osmod said as he took an arrow from his quiver and nocked it on the bowstring. He then drew the string slowly, aimed at what seemed to be an empty branch on a nearby tree and released the arrow. The arrow missed the snake that was perched on it, but hit the branch hard enough to shake it loose. Osmod grabbed the reptile after it fell to the ground and a cut close to its head finished the struggle. It was by no means a large animal, just over three feet long and two inches thick, but it would do given their need to hurry.

The group agreed to go back to the camp, they had left Fionn alone for too long and Osmod worried the fire might have brought unwanted attention. As they neared the camp, he stopped abruptly. “There are tracks of a single horse going towards the camp. I might be overreacting but I fear we have been followed. We don’t know whether it may be friend or foe, so I’d suggest we prepare for the worst. Ladies, the March Warden would have not let you join us if he thought you were not ready for fighting and I trust his judgement. Let’s approach camp with our weapons ready and our eyes open.” He drew his sword slowly and with a stern look on his face, he walked towards the light of the fire. He was not close enough to see clearly, but it seemed that Fionn was not alone.