View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I hope that's the diversity they continue diving into. As well as, finding out why the Southlanders didn't like the Elves occupation. The Watchwarden said the land was a desolate wasteland when they first arrived and now it's a lush, growing valley. But the Southlanders joined Morgoth and still have "evil in their hearts." I don't think we've been given reasons they do not welcome the Elves other than they're just "bad people" for joining Morgoth.
I think this one is the Elves' fault. If you treat people like naughty children needing constant supervision, the people are gonna get miffed. And it may be true that without the babysitting these naughty children would have gotten into the tide pod drawer a long time ago, or it may not - we don't know, we only have the Elves' word for it - but regardless it doesn't help the relationship between the peoples. Even if these Men are like naughty children to the Elves. I guess they didn't like the Elves' occupation because people in general don't like being occupied, and that's exactly what that seemed like - the Witcher-*ahem*- Elves were not there as allies or friends or teachers, more like guards or policemen.