View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #30
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

"You will forgive me this tree, at least?”

Eodwine smiled. "I have done so already. I will lend a hand with the carrying, if you wish."

Falco

Falco had overheard the conversation, and now moved on. Once beyond their hearing, he spoke aloud but quietly to himself.

"A house of stone, he wants, not of wood. Better to burrow underground, needing neither stone nor wood overmuch, just good solid earth; but the earth is not solid hereabouts, and I suppose it would not take much digging before one came to soggy ground."

Falco continued walking along the borders of the land, as well as he could make them out.

Rowenna

Rowenna kept busy with Frodides, Kara, Modtryth and Ginna now that the responsibility for Javan had been taken from her. She was very pleased to have received the lord's praise, and her eyes followed him as he walked hither and thither across the grounds. He was turning out to be a more interesting man than she had perhaps credited him with.

She wondered what had been the matter before, when Stigend had brought news of the charred bodies in the ruin? It was as if he had been lost in an evil memory. Had he said that it was something to do with the War? She had been a mere child, running around the farm, missing her pa, who had also been at the War but had returned. She had heard stories, many stories, of the heroic deeds of King Éomer and Lady Éowyn, and of King Elessar and the Wizard Gandalf, now gone over Sea, they said, and of Holbytla, four in number, one of whom had saved them all from the Dark Lord. Rowenna's mind strayed to Falco Boffin, and she found it hard to believe that such a small, silly creature could do such a deed. She wanted to know more about it, especially from Lord Eodwine. He was like her father, but also unlike, and she found him interesting.

There he was, talking to Thornden yonder by the tree he was cutting down. Did he notice her at all? Or did he not think of her unless she did something to draw his notice? She had started to wonder what it might be like to be the Lady of the House of Eodwine.

Harreld Smith

Harreld didn't like heights, but he was not about to seem weak in front of these others; not in front of Ginna, whether she cared for him or not. He kept a vice-grip on the rope for which he was responsible, hanging on to a tree limb with his other hand, trying to wrap his legs against the chafing trunk of the tree. He tried not to look down, and was very ready for this part of the baker building to be over.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-23-2008 at 09:35 AM.