View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden and Stigend turned away from Eodwine together and quietly walked away. “I was on my way to find an axe when I saw you,” Thornden said. “Stigend. . .” he plucked his sleeve lightly as he stopped. The carpenter turned to face him. “Don’t go talking about what you saw back there. Not yet. I don’t think it would be good to spread such news.”

“Yes, I agree,” Stigend said, nodding. “But what if Garstan or Léof, who were nearby when I found them, what if they ask me? I would not lie to them.”

“No,” Thornden replied. “No, I would not have you do so. If that happens, do what you think best. I’m off to find an axe and to hunt for trees to work as beams and poles.”

The two parted company. Thornden soon found an axe and headed off towards the belt of trees. He passed near Javan on his way. The brother’s exchanged brief glances, but nothing else. Soon, Thornden was nearly out of sight from the others, searching for a properly sized tree to fell. The silence of the woods and the country settled about him, and he slowly felt tension leave him. He found a tree about three inches in diameter, glanced up and down the entire trunk. He decided that it would work and set his axe to the base.