View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 01:10 AM   #398
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Bird,

LOVE the mountaintop rescue.

Today's guard would be good. He's going to be WAY too nice to Gamba, in the long run.

I've toyed with the idea of sending Gamba up the hill, on that last night, but... I dunno. Logistics. It works very well with my subplot, though. Gamba, Tuka, and that guard, all in Big Trouble. It would make sense. Also would add to the tension for the night of the rescue, losing two leaders => dis-spirited troops, Phura & Loremaster's distress... What think ye all?

The timing thing is dicey, though. Can you rescue them (O Black Dragoness) in time for Gamba to make it back to help clean out The Locks? He's mighty fond of that old Gammer, Mrs. Pansy, and wouldn't want to leave her there, or let her flounder on the way out.

I've wondered about a guard or two asking for mercy in the name of the Old School. And even asking to come with us. Would "we" give it to them? Or do "we" figure that if they don;t make it off island with Elendil & his nine ships, that's their problem?

Mith?

(EDIT) Option B: on the night of the rescue, Tarkil selects the two most popular athletes. That would be Gamba and Azraph-- Poor Phura!! And then when you rescue them, Bird, that places Phura very deeply in your debt-- making the later scene more poignant still. That could be good-- still contingent on if you can rescue them in time to get Gamba back to the locks mid-rescue... Sharon, since Gamba is MIA when the Locks rescue begins, Daisy and Anee will have to step in and do the best they can-- what do you think about that? (END EDIT)

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]