View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #330
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow placed her hand on Mira's shoulder. "Nervous?" she asked. "I know how you feel. I've never played where anyone can hear me before."

She stood up, and began to retune her fiddle.

She stroked the bow across the strings, and brought it to exact tuning easily-- it was sometihng that she did so often. The tune of the violin hummed through her, bringing a smile to her face.

Playing earlier wasn't that bad, there were fewer people listening. And now, she had to play for everyone, and all would be listening. It was up to them to entertain. But will they like our music? she thought. What if they don't? What if they hate our music?

Willow stuck her head, bouncing her hair behind her head. She breathed out sharply, trying to settle the butterflies in her stomach. Never before had anyone heard her play, even though the few who had that day had said she sounded fine.

But there was such a thing as nervousness. And there was nothing she could do now but play. It was their job to now. And the others, by their faces were as nervous as she herself was.

"This should go well," she said. "This should go well."