View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 02:45 PM   #6
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Izrênna looked up in surprise as Ælfritha came in. She abandoned her ale in the hopes of getting to her new friends, Menelduliniel and Estelarion. These travelers would certainly be good members to have on this quest. They seemed to be used to traveling.

Izrênna tried, to no avail, to push through the bustling group towards Menelduliniel and Estelarion. She looked around quickly, and slid out of the crowd. She gave up the quest to find her friends and stood aside, trying to think of what to do.

Her father would throw a fit if he knew what she was about to do. She was so small, he always said, that she could do nothing to aid those of strength. She looked around the busy room, her brow furrowed in thought.

She finally took a breath and pushed through the crowds to the bar. She hefted up her very light pack and then put her bow and quiver on her back. Even if she was not much good if they were going to have to fight at close range, she could pick off the thieves from afar maybe. And someone else could share her horse.

She found her way to Ælfritha.

"I will aid you," she said, "And someone else can ride my horse with me of you need extra mounts."

Before Ælfritha replied, Izrênna quickly slipped out of the Inn and snuck in the shadows to the stable. She knew that her size would make her fairly undesirable for this quest, and did not want to give anyone a chance to refuse her. If they did refuse her, she would follow anyway.

She was very careful on the way to the stables, in case any danger was present in this area. She slipped in and hefted the heavy saddle onto the grey horse. She fastened his bridle and led the willing horse to the front of the Inn to wait for the others. She thanked the stars that this horse was willing, for others she had been given to ride on errands had not been, and she had been forced, in the past, to return and ask for another, as she could not control strong-minded horses. She held the horse's bridle and stood on the ground, quietly waiting for the others to be ready. She eyed the saddle, and was satisfied that it was large enough for more than just herself...

[ December 29, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]