View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #747
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ha. The irony of the situation did not escape Thornden’s attention. His plan of loyalty, formed not ten seconds ago, of saying nothing seemed about to be completely destroyed. Thornden met Athanar’s eyes, and for a split second considered what he should say. He would stick strictly with the truth, and perhaps he wouldn’t be caught, playing this delicate game of straddling the fence.

“I do not know where he is, my lord,” he said. “But I, too, noted that he was not at the drill, and that thought had come back to me in the stables, after your lordship had called us.” He glanced towards Coenred as he said this, hoping it would satisfy the captain’s suspicion about what he had said earlier. How clumsy of him to have allowed his thoughts slip so obviously five minutes ago.

There. It was said. His decision was solidified in words. Did it make him a traitor? He thought not. He hoped not. He knew he was playing dangerously close to the fire, and as much as he wished the best for Lithor and Erbrand, he did not really relish the thought of being burned himself. If anything was going to hurt him, it was going to be those words he had just spoken.