View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #102
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ring

Welll, if Gandalf took the ring, I'm sure there would be trouble in Valinor. Manwë chose him because he knew that he would not succumb.

And if I remember correctly, didn't Manwë say something like "And he shall be the last". Maybe it disn't mean the last one, as in what Varda said when she answeres "Not the last" (maybe she was making reference to his self control and will in fact, we will never know, or maybe that fact that he thonks a lot?). Anyway, maybe Manwë meant that he would be the last one to remain true his mission (though we don't know about the blue wizards, but Tolkien says somewhere that he thinks they failed, and started cults themselves).

I'm sure if Gandlf (obviously now back to being Olórin) came back to Valinor having succumbed to the ring (maybe even bringing it with him but most probably he would have stayed and ruled the Great Lands) Manwë would have given him a serious talking to (because he chose him), and Eönwë too (Lets not forget he played a similar part to Gandalf, though it was against a mightier foe).
And when I say a serious talking to, I mean it might end up him being chained up like Melkor (or maybe you would calll him Morgoth, even though he no longer had any power by then).

Just thinking, what happened to Curumo (Saruman in middle earth) after Gríma kills him in the scouring of the shire (I won't even start mentioning the bad things that he did)???