View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 04:38 PM   #27
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The speedy boat carried Whisper, Jair, Seshan, and Jorgen over the Anduin with ease. The passengers were silent as Jorgen sailed the group closer and closer to the island of Cair Andros. It became too close for Whisper’s comfort, especially since Jorgen was headed straight for the pier. Whisper sprinted to the bow of the ship, and carelessly shoved Jorgen away from the helm.

“You fool! We won’t be going by the pier. They’d now who we were in an instant. Unless you have a better idea…which I’m certain you don’t…we will be landing on the opposite side, somewhere along the shore line where no major posts and guards are stationed,” Whisper informed Jorgen as the big man picked himself up from the ground where he had been pushed.

The small ship had just come close enough for the taste of the passengers, and the group abandoned ship for the shore. The only difficulty with getting to shore laid with Jair, whose extensive weaponry and equipment nearly sent him sinking on more than one occasion. Once the swimmers finally had gotten to shore, they immediately took shelter in the sparse forests.

“Jair, I reckon you’ve got enough weaponry there to supply a small army. You wouldn’t mind sharing with the rest of us, would you? I’ve got a feeling that we might need it,” at this comment from Whisper, Jair began to take a few daggers and swords out of their sheaths. Seshan was given a dagger to accompany the sword he already had, and Jorgen was handed a sword. Donated to Whisper was another dagger, in case she lost the one she had been tossed at Deriath’s home.

“Where do you think they went?” wondered Seshan, parrying imaginary blows with his sword and dagger as the company got ready to storm the island (despite their small numbers). Jorgen looked up, and then around at his surroundings.

“There’s only one inn on this island.” Jorgen replied. “I’d imagine that’s where they’d head, since the guards have to check their shiploads. It will take a day, so they’d need somewhere to stay. But they can’t be spending all their time there. Remember, there’s a smith in the group, and what other reason could he have for continuing on to Cair Andros?”

For once, Whisper was glad to have a companion who knew such things. Whisper lived and thrived in the reality of the moment, and would never have come to such a deduction. Jair held a look of sheer confusion though.

“Then what are you saying we do?” Jair asked stupidly. Whisper rolled her eyes.

“I’m saying now that you and Jair go towards the port and try to foil any chance our prey has of leaving. Do whatever you want, as long as you make it look as accidental as possible…we can’t have them guessing that we’re here unless there’s no other alternative. Seshan and I will stake out the trading post,” Whisper explained the plans to Jair.

“Why do I have to go with Jorgen?” Jair whined like a four-year old.

“Oh be quiet, you fool! Someone has to go along with you so you don’t ruin everything, not to mention the fact that you’d never find where anything was if you went by yourself!” Jorgen chided Jair.

“Right. You all know the plan?” Whisper wanted to make sure everything would be perfect. The men nodded, but Whisper continued to speak. “If all else fails, hop aboard a ship and race to the other side of the Anduin. If all goes well, everyone meet back here tomorrow morning.”

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]