View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #259
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Ladavan's last contact was with Léof, who had directed him to the courtyard where he presumably could see about food and housing. That leaves the easy possibility of encountering someone else.

I have a question: is Áforglaed easily identifiable as a soldier?
Ha, I didn't notice this one when I posted. I am not sure how much, but Áforglaed is a young, strong man, he probably does not have the bearing of a soldier (unlike Hilderinc, whose looks scream "soldier!" if you see him from afar), but he might have the habit of, say, keeping some small dagger (a warrior's dagger as opposed to a random knife) at his side even when off-duty.

For that matter, I just wrote both Hilderinc and Áforglaed messing around the well, so they are both open for interaction there with anyone who might want to come and wash their hands before meal and somesuch. They can even be "drafted" by separate people, Hilderinc is basically going to leave the well-area now (and he probably dumped Brith earlier to figure out her things), so he can be bumped into also by someone walking towards the well, or from the stables, to the kitchens and so on. Áforglaed might literally bump into anyone who comes to the well.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories