View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #75
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erling's ire faded almost as quickly as it flowered. What was the point in losing his temper with this broken man? He suddenly felt exhausted as if his anger had been the only thing sustaining him. He crumpled into the window seat and gazed once more through the shutters left part open to the road.

He drank without thinking from the mug on the little table by him and spoke to the room as much as Tate, he did not move his glance from the too empty street, where snowflakes danced in the lamplight.

"I didn't send them.. I didn't know anything about it 'til they didn't come home. Didn't want to worry me, didn't want to wait..thought they could sort it themselves.. " Erling was torn between pride in his grown sons and pique that they clearly felt they didn't need him any more, "and the other one - my youngest lad didn't use the wits he was born with. He knew the children were going and kept quiet." Erling shook his head in disbelief " I sent him home to his mother. Think his brothers gave him a hard time for not telling and maybe Sukey will give him worse" or maybe not.. Erling knew his wife had a bit of a blind spot concering their youngest son. And he was as bad with Jessie. He sighed, how had they managed to get worse at raising children the longer they did it...

"Still Filbert said Jessamy took some food with her and maybe your boy would know how to start a fire if they found any dry kindling?" Erling was farily sure Jess wouldn't have the skill herself out in the wild "so maybe if they were able to stay together when they got separated from the rest they won't be so cold and hungry" Erling tried not to think of how little there would be to make a fire among those bare stones. A fire would give hope of guiding their rescuers to them as well as warmth.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-23-2011 at 04:14 AM.