View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #74
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tate sniffed and avoided looking at Erling, as if he were trying to hide behind his messy dark hair. “I didn’t ask nobody to go looking for my son,” he all but muttered. It was heading towards dark, and his boy wasn’t back yet. But what was he to do? It would be night before he got out to the Downs, and then what were his chances of finding Edwin in the dark? He was just one man…he did not have a host of strong young sons to send out!

“And I don’t have nobody to send. What could I do, wandering those cursed mounds in the dark? Oh if only I’d made him help me in the shop today…but he’ll never stay to help, no way to make him, not anymore… Maybe if I’d known earlier but how was I to know…man has to make his living, though I don’t know why now, if my boy’s gone…” He choked, ending his rambling for few moments, at least.

The truth was it had been a slow day at his shop, as usual. But Edwin was heading toward adulthood in…a couple years, a few years? Regardless Tate didn’t have apron strings to lead his boy by. At this the man tried to steel himself a little. There, Edwin was no witless babe! He was a smart boy, he would make it home. Telling himself to forget all that superstition, he shuddered.

Last edited by Durelin; 06-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.