View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #55
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Jessamy looked at Bryn gratefully. Even so she felt the need to firmly establish Karl as a hero "I don't know what I would have done if Karl hadn't found me" she said "I was so scared and so cold. And he was bringing me home but then we found Edwin and ... he couldn't walk and Karl had to carry him so it was taking ages, and I and sprained my ankle ...so when we met Willem..." She was desperate for her brothers to realise that she hadn't been delaying on purpose and was relieved when her brothers stopped their bickering and went to thank him, apologising for the trouble their silly sister had given him.

"Trouble? Apart from the snow and the dark and going round in circles and being worried sick about this one even before she screamed like a banshee? - what was that about Jessie? - Well Seth reckons he saw a bear in the forest - does that count"

"We all saw the print Bryn ... don't pretend we didn't "

"We don't know it was a bear though... "

"Well what else woud it be? It certainly wasn't any sort of dog - not that shape, not that size - and whatever it was it put the wind up the horses "

"I screamed because we heard the chains rattling on the caravan before we saw it and I thought it was a Barrow wight" - Jessamy finally got a word in edgewise and looked accusingly at Seth, who had the grace to look embarassed. "That is when I fell and hurt my ankle"...

She wished Willem would return. She knew that getting her home would be the next thing on her brothers' mind and part of her wanted nothing more to be back there. But being in Willem's caravan was like being in a fairy tale and she was loathe to leave it so soon.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 03-18-2011 at 03:49 AM.