View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #100
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
‘You do whittlin', lad? You do seem to have a steady hand.’ Griffo nodded thoughtfully. ‘I bet you could do some pieces like these justice.’

Taffy grinned at the compliment, his cheeks reddening a little with the praise. ‘Well, I think I could do a passable job, sir. Leastways good enough for me and my Granpa to use.’ He picked up the queen and looked at it thoughtfully. ‘You know, if I was real careful, I bet I could put a little head on this sort of one. My Granpa, he can paint really nicely. He could put a pretty face on it, and pretty hair. He stuck his hand deep into his pocket and fished out a small clay whistle in the shape of a fat little robin .

‘See here,’ he said holding out the bright colored whistle. ‘My Granpa made this and painted it for me. If you look real close, you can even see the feathers on it!’

From the opposite pocket, Taffy pulled out something he kept hidden in his fist. He looked about, to make sure his sister was nowhere near and then opened his hand for Griffo to see. It was a small, sleeping kitten, curled up in a ball. Parts of it were still just roughly carved out. ‘This is my newest carving he whispered, moving nearer to the older Hobbit. It’s for my little sister’s birthday. It’s her kitty, Marmalade.’

Last edited by Lilly; 06-29-2006 at 12:51 AM.