View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #222
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien The Flet: Erebemlin

Erebemlin remained silent for a long moment considering what he should share regarding Amroth’s dreams, and if he knew enough of them to share anything at all. “He searches for Nimrodel,” he began slowly. “He searches for her not only in his waking hours, but in his dreams also.” The elf closed his eyes and considered the dark, suffocating images of the dreams. “I wonder if he is possibly finding her.” The thought occurred to the elf only as he spoke it, and his eyes widened and he looked at fruit on the table as though they held the answer.

“If I may, sir,” Liornung spoke up for the first time. “If Amroth is meeting his lady in his dreams, would they not, the dreams, be merry?”

The young man had a point, Erebemlin reflected. The dreams were far from merry. They were full of despair and hopelessness. “I am not certain, Liornung. The dreams are dark, full of a suffocating dust…” The Sinda trailed off as he mulled the idea over in his mind. “I believed his dreams portrayed his despair of his lady’s absence, but now I wonder if it is she who is despaired.” As he spoke the final words he raised his eyes and searched his guests’ faces.

Last edited by alaklondewen; 05-16-2004 at 01:06 PM. Reason: removed signature