View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 09:13 AM   #105
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Lothlorien: Erebemlin - Dec 15

Nestled in the high branches of his mellorn, Erebemlin sat facing a fiery, young Elf of a much smaller stature than he. The two remained silent and moved not, yet they communicated in thought.

I feel their filthy presence, Silmaethor. Celegtâl flashed his grey eyes. We should dispose of them immediately, before they get too far.

I feel them too. They have crossed Nimrodel…her water is soiled. Erebemlin remained unmoved…a great contrast to his companion’s excitable nature. We will wait. Their number must be known before we take action. Caranduin and Taitheneb will return soon enough…we will wait.

Celegtâl rose and began pacing across the talan. “Filthy Yrch. We…I could pick them off one by one with my bow.” Stopping suddenly, he turned to face Erebemlin, who still remained in the same position, “I will not fail you!”

Erebemlin raised his eyes to meet his companion’s gaze. You need to learn to control your temper, Celegtâl. Patience will benefit us more than haste. With that, the elder closed his eyes and mind to the youth.

The Orcs were coming from the mines of Moria, and although they had crossed the water of Nimrodel, Erebemlin knew they had many miles to travel before they reached the forest. They would stop at the feet of the mountains and wait for nightfall to come further, then they would be fully rested and prepared for resistance.

Erebemlin continued to sit in his silent thoughts, while Celegtâl paced the length of the talan. The two waited for news from their fellow Sinda to make determine what action would need to be taken.