Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #9849
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Is #3 something like 'Balin fell yesterday morning in Dimrill Dale', written by ORI in the Book of Mazarbul?

hS
Indeed! Aside from being a good scribe and having a preference for Elvish, Ori also apparently liked alternative spelling.

1. BILBO: I eat well myself, and if you see what I mean, it’s better than cooking. (I am a good cook myself, and cook better than I cook, if you see what I mean.)
2. ARAGORN: I do, and now, if you have the floor, I don't care if you say Aranya or Kingsfoil for now. (I do so, and I care not whether you say now asëa aranion or kingsfoil, so long as you have some.)
3. ORI: I am Dimrill Dale Falls, owner of 10 new Ballins in Yeastrade Morei. (Yestreday being the tenth of novembre Balin lord of Moria fell in Dimrill Dale.)
4. BEOR: That darkness lies behind us, and our to to take turn our backward upon it, and our will will don't desire to returned thither even on intelligent. Westwards our hearts to to take achieved turn, and our believable this that our shall found lit. (A darkness lies behind us, and we have turned our backs upon it, and we do not desire to return thither even in thought. Westwards our hearts have been turned, and we believe that there we shall find Light.)
5*. A The three for us taking abrue to don't challenge that hundred, then our go taking ahead and speak taking feigned voices, lead the them in onto wood
6. BARD: Myself take save you are a the to lasted. You are a take always only failed my and always myself take recovered you are. Myself having you are a originate I father and himself originate for old. Conditionally to ever you are a come the originate forges the for true king the under mountain, went with currently and speedily good! ([Arrow! Black arrow!] I have saved you to the last. You have never failed me and always I have recovered you. I had you from my father and he from of old. If ever you came from the forges of the true king under the Mountain, go now and speed well!)
7. PRECIOUSSS: Unique rankings as a criterion for everyone A unique ranking to find them in a unique ranking so that everyone can enter and bind them in the dark. (One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.)
8*. SARUMAN: L? Why worry about each other? Will he give me rest at night or during the day?(Well? Why must you disturb my rest? Will you give me no peace at all by night or day?)
9*. D The language has changed dramatically; But the wrong name indicates. A dream? I have not heard any reports that allow the truth.
10*. TOM BOMBADIL: Hello doll! Congratulations, doll! You call Dong Delu! Call Dong! Leave it together! Completed! Tom Boom, Jolly Tom, Tom Pompidillo! (Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow! Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!)
11*. FINROD: Stay, resist, fight against the government, keep secret, enter the government like a tower, break trust… (Sang in answer a song of staying, Resisting, battling against power, Of secrets kept, strength like a tower, And trust unbroken…)
12*. N So I said we would keep doing it, and I would increase the penalty. Work is an issue that we must work on in her song until the big day.
13. G I understand your review, but some people know. If you want to answer, why don't you speak a common language with the West in the usual way?

Looking at the remaining clues, 12 might be hard to get until you figure out the theme. Then it will be quite easy. To get to the theme, I suggest thinking in particular about the quotes in 2, 3, and 6, of the ones that were already guessed. What aspect ties all the quotes/speakers/events surrounding the quote together?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-21-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote