View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #558
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Forgot to say, Ang, I absolutely third G55's and Zil's applause for your last post. And come to think of it, Beren may well be Sador's real name, if he was named after his uncle.
If you were a baby named after the hero who performed the greatest Leap of Men and Elves, who also happened as you grew up to be definitely a cripple, would you by any chance rather adopt the name of, well, a cripple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Ang- I'm assuming your Írildë character was meant to be the noble lady in ancient Numenor, so I wrote that in. Please say so if you wish me to undo it. Also, I implied that in Middle Earth serious theater dramas generally favor prose over poetry. The poetic style is used to tell dramatic tales of course, but such things are performed by single speakers narrating the events. When it comes to theater, it has always been convention to speak as true to life as possible (though Aldarion implies that this is not necessarily true of comedies).
actually neither I nor Sad...Mr. Lameleg had a historical character in mind - any more than Shakkers referred to any particular Juliet: BUT I'm amused that the historically scrupulous Aldarion makes this assumption, let's keep it; Aerwen will respond to it in my next post. By the way, has Aldarion made any speculations about the mystery playwright's identity or would you rather not say?

re poetry, there will be rhyming and blank verse, as well as prose COMING SOON in the Lameleg canon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muse
we have two plots going along right now: the intrigue higher in the City and whatever else we're doing down here. I'm basically waiting until the former plot resolves itself before moving to the next day, and since it's taking a while you should feel free to at least say what Amdir's doing.
sorry, my fault. Kind of got ambitious re: the endless Renaissance drama jokes (ironically originally largely for Formendacil's personal amusement) but I hope it's not boring

will write a decent post tomorrow, bringing Aerwen and her guest to the party proper