View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #28
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
thoughts on plotline

Earlier:

Quote:
As for our plotline: the quote above *glances up at "historical information"* mentions that Ar-Gimilzor moved all the Faithful that he could find to Rómenna to be watched. If we want to preserve the West => East journey, it would be possible that we were a group of still underground Faithful located near, or in Andunië.
As I now have a lot more time for lengthy posting (rather than flipping frantically back and forth between the downs and homework), I thought I'd elaborate on this a little more. I really like the idea of having the rescue party and some of the Faithful travelling cross country in a desparate hurry to reach Elendil and the ships, if for no other reason than that Numenor is having some spectacularly interesting weather around this time. But that idea has a few downsides, most noticeably that the majority of the Faithful have been rounded up and shipped to Romenna. It's a little difficult to have a somewhat organized group of the Faithful at Andunie or Almaida that has remained unknown. Perhaps Ar-Gimilzor's intelligence network isn't too bright?

Upside to long journey: it gives Abarpanaru (I promise I will use all the accent marks in the actual game) a feasible reason to be in the vicinity of Armenelos at the time of his capture. He could be communicating with Elendil at Romenna and be caught on his way back through... the major road between Andunie and Romenna makes it necessary to at least go near Armenelos. The rider that brings the news of Abarpanaru's capture could have been accompanying him and could also bring the Faithful at Andunie the news that Elendil is prepared to depart...? It also supplies a feasible reason for our particular group to be so late in arriving?

littlemanpoet: since it's your character in question, what you think is the most important .

Everybody else, what you think is important too.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!