View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #18
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
One more question about that QT-vote came to mind from your comments. Should it actually be just one hour before the DL they have to vote? In a normal game the action tends to pack into the last hour of the Day - or the last 1˝ hours - if the Deadline is good for most people. I wouldn't want to leave it to the very end but would like to leave the Villagers some time to mull the QT vote over before the DL. On the other hand, the later the QT can follow the things folding out the more reasoned choices they can made - and the more fulfilling the game is for them.

Just remember, that a "more reasoned choice" doesn't equal "the right choice"
The pros of an earlier QT vote is that it potentially gives information (whether correct or not) to the game thread - i.e. the Sick think that it's better to vote for X than Y. But the pros of a later (or even at deadline) QT vote is that it is more of a "thunderbolt from heaven" type of thing, to alter events but not the interactions at the end of the Day. The earlier you put it, the more it influences the living votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And I was kind of planning that the aim of the game (in non-rules sense of it) would be to change the Legendarium and save Urwen / Lalaith from death! But does it now have to be "both"? How shall I name that poor little girl in the narrations now?
The true daughter of Hurin?