View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #2144
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
Larien felt guilty that she had brought her years of sorrow and shadow into this kind man's life. She felt the cloud of her greif hovering over them, overshadowing the beautiful morning.

Why, oh why did I tell him my tale? She though. It would have been best had I died that day. I am dead inside already.

'I am s-sorry...’ Said Eothen haltingly. Larien could tell she had made him uncomfortable. Still, the man tried another effort at lightening the shadow.

‘I am really sorry to hear about your dear friend, my Lady...’ He stopped, as if unsure of himself, then continued. ‘Still it seems to me you are afraid of something?’

Larien looked down at her hands and sighed. How could she burden him with all of her fears and sorrows? It seemed to her that he had seen much grief already.

‘Maybe we should speak of something else...’ Éothen said, sounding not at all cheery. Larien thought that might be a fine change, but didn't know what to talk about. ‘Would you join me for a walk in the garden instead? Maybe it will make things better?’

Perhaps he will start a new topic of discussion. She thought. Smiling, she stood.

'I think that would be wonderful.'