View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #87
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tane had been dealing with more beurocratic things than he liked. Taking report after report got very tedious when it was mainly the same thing - nothing new. Halfway through the day one of the Rangers asked about the contest that was coming up with the settlers and Tane simply blinked. He had forgotten about it and it seemed that a group needed to be put together. "I'll get back to you," was all he could offer the scout.

Sitting back in his chair he started making a mental list of all his Rangers. Awyrgan and Thoronmir had just left on their own mission. They wouldn't have liked working in a group regardless. Tane frowned as he continued through, he didn't want to have to put this whole group together. The settlement would be making their own group and the leader probably would choose his own men. The settlement...Alearindu was in the settlement right now. She had been there for several days and was probably getting tired of the people. A lot of the men wouldn't like being put under her command, but they would take it. Especially if they wanted to go on this hunt, which many did. The scout who had first inquired about the contest had mentioned that several of the men were eager to know who was going. There were many volunteers it seemed. Tane smiled. Alearindu would have many to choose from then.

He glanced at the sky. There was still time to go to the settlement and come back before nightfall. There were no more scheduled reports and if anyone wanted to find him, it wouldn't be that difficult. Besides, he wanted to visit the trading post and now was a fine time.

A couple of explanations and a short ride later Tane rode into the village and immediately went to where Alearindu kept her camp. She wasn't there, but her horse was nearby and Tane thought it best to simply wait for her. The wait was short, no more than half a candle mark. When she saw him she gave nothing away, but she did quicken her step.

"Alearindu, how would you like to be in charge of the Ranger group for the contest? You get to pick your own men and from what I hear, there are many that would like to be in on this venture. What say you?"