View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Which would be a fairly epic way to end the game, but also kind of unfair on the wolves: a Ghost Seer means they can't even fake-reveal to protect themselves!
Hmm, good point. I guess there's the flip side: the wolves have no Seer to fear unless the Ghost makes the grand reveal, and the village don't have a Seer's hints to go on. But your demonstration has made quite an impression.

Okay, perhaps a lighter Ghost is a better idea for a test run.

Now if both Boro and BG are still game, we will have 11 players. I think that borders on allowing a 3-wolf pack and/or a Seer. If we are still 9 total, I would stick with 2 wolves + 1 gifted, but 11 might accommodate the upgrade. Thoughts?

On the topic of Boro and BG, I sent them a PM asking to confirm their willingness to join on Monday. Can someone also reach out via other platforms, so they might see this earlier and have some advance warning of the game start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I think the 'Mod infodump + standard Ghost' concept is probably a better one - it lets the mod control what the DeadThread can learn, and keeps them from lucking into being a massive game-changer.
That is a responsibility I am a little nervous about. To make it more objective, I made a list of topics to base the clues on (eg player's names, roles, etc). I could randomize the list each Night to give some level of objectivity to making the hints, but it would all have to be tempered with judgement anyways.