View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Carrying over discussion from the general TIG thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Sorry; I meant that "the Ghost" could be a role used by the DT in one of two ways: either to send in during the Day to talk to the LT, or as a Dead Seer read. In the latter case, there wouldn't be an actual 'Ghost' talking to the Living.
Ah, as in: we want to use one of the 3 Ghostly apparitions to dream Living!G55 instead of sending a messenger.

Or: we vote Dead!G55 as the Ghost. Now, G55 has a choice, to either haunt the village during the Day, or at some point that Day to divine the identity of a villager, but not both. I suppose the Ghost would have all Day to make the choice, until they commit to one path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Nice development of the idea. So the dead wolf gets to decide what the dead learn? Secretly, or does everyone see their options?
If everyone sees it, that loses the point, no? I was thinking that I PM the wolf, and they have, say, 12h to make a choice on which statement gets shared with the DT. This gives them two benefits: they see more information than the rest of the DT (and might divine the gifted's identity perhaps), and they have some control over the information that the dead innocents see. At the end of 12h, if the wolf does not respond, I will select a statement at random to post, so the DT is not left floundering without information. The 12h can also be a shorter time, say 2h. Preferably something that doesn't bias against a particular time zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Do these Night effects also happen on the Night when there's only one dead player? It would be kind of funny for a dead Wolf to come back and just mock the living all day long.
I would say that's within the rights of a Fenrissed Wolf. ^.^

The consolation prize of the D1 lynchee is that they get to control all the power of the DT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I'm kind of inclined to the liberal version, perhaps with the proviso that if it really breaks things, the mod can switch to a limited version for subsequent ghost appearances.
That's sensible. If the first apparition breaks things, the rules may be modified for the subsequent ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
As long as the mod is fair when it comes to subjective posting (is "long quotes aren't very helpful" an instruction? How about "that wasn't very helpful"?), sure.
I think that falls within the realm of general discussion. What I wouldn't want to see is "If you know G55 is a wolf, post a quote from A Long Expected Party. If you think but don't know G55 is a wolf, post a quote from An Unexpected Party". But interacting with a Ghost is fine, I think, via responses like "I think the Ghost means X", or "that wasn't very helpful". I am inclined to allow questions, eg "Ghost, is X true?", without instructions about the answer. But that can probably be abused more... Suggestions?

Also, would it be fair to limit the Ghost's power just slightly, by making him wait at least 10 minutes between posts? That can curb last-minute ouija sessions at DL, but still allows ample participation throughout the Day.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-15-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Realized one of my sentences made no sense.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote