Thread: The Teleri
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 01:53 PM   #7
Pengolodh
Haunting Spirit

Pengolodh has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: The Teleri

The death of Finwe was certainly of great importance and should never be discarded. It was not just about the SIlmarils, but it was also said that Feanor's love for his father was greater than ANY had or could have. Although I find that a ridiculous statement from the Prof, it says a lot.

Anyway,Mithrandir, you state that the Teleri knew they would be defeated. I don't think they did. I think they would have fought if there was an overwhelming power there. Note also, that they were later aided by some Noldor, especially those allied with the &quot;Finarfians&quot;.

ANd why give Feanor the boats anyway? I too was amazed at first that they didn't , but in retrospect, the Singers just wanted to stay neutral and be uninvolved with the Rebels.

"In those days the Noldor still roamed the Hither Lands, Mightiest among the Children of Iluvatar, fair and tall and their beautiful voices were still heard by mere mortals"</p>
Pengolodh is offline   Reply With Quote