View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #150
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Listen up rat! As we speak, your men are dying and mine are victorious! Your mission is over. Let the elf go and I will not impale you! That goes for your friend as well!" A voice sounded behind Jerika, and she heard the stretching of a bowstring. She dared not turn her head, and the person who spoke took steps closer until Jerika could easily feel the point of his arrow against her neck.

Kane was still, and said naught. Jerika’s grip did not loosen on the knife that she held to Anuion’s neck. Thoughts raced through her mind, about what to do and what would happen. She could let the prisoner go, and perhaps always be considered a coward; or she could figure a way to teach both enemies a lesson and escape with her life.

The being behind Jerika pulled the arrow away, and began to pull back on the string.

“I give thee one last chance, you cowardly dog, to back away or never see again!” Jerika breathed so soundly and slightly that at times she wondered herself if she had forgotten how to breathe.

If I just back away, I won’t get killed. Sure, I’ll never be taken seriously again, but I wouldn’t if I was dead either. I’ll get to see home again, or run off and find my own adventure. Jerika thought, though she knew she had no time to think of such things.

Acting on impulse, Jerika reached her hand behind her quick as lightning. Grabbing the middle of the arrow, Jerika snapped it in two. Turning to the side so that her knife stayed on Anuion’s neck, but her drawn sword reached to the…Human’s neck as well. If the man moved at all, Jerika would drop her knife and kill the human. The man had already drawn another arrow, but did not shoot.

“Who are you to intrude? We were merely teaching this disgusting Elf a lesson,” Jerika broke the silence.