View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #127
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After dealing with Telpeheled, Lofinneas returned to where Erdaminéon sat, to see how the wound was healing. The blood had long stopped, and the pain was beginning to lessen. Lofinneas was a true healer. As he looked over the wound, he spoke to the injured Elf,

“How are you friend? Can you see? It has already begun to close. The grace of the Valar is with you."

Perhaps the grace of the Valar is with me, but I should be with them. All that holds me to this world now is the hope that we may have some success over those foul creatures, and free Anuion from their grasps. I fear after that there will be no more reason for me to reamin here, thought Erdaminéon, morbidly. Lofinneas sat beside him, and looked over the ruined camp, with sad grey eyes.

"If we stay here then we should remove the carnage...orcs are drawn to the scent of death. Though I suggest we relocate for the time being so as to avoid any unwelcome guests.”

Erdaminéon nodded quietly. “The smell would bring the attention of any. Most would be repulsed by it. I cannot say I wish to meet with orcs so soon.”

Lofinneas looked to Bordarigorn to ask his approval. Erdaminéon began to attempt to stand. His arm was better, and he was well rested. If they were to move on, he would have to stand alone. He pressed his back against the tree, and began the struggle.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]