View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #76
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahh great poems! Unfortunately I'm no good at that kind of thing, so I won't even attempt it.

Quote:
i like both orlando bloom and legolas. I dont really have a problem with leggyboppers because whenever i mention LOTR in my school all i get is blank stares or "I bet you like that hot elf guy, what's his name? Orlando Blue?" but oh well.
'Tis interesting, I don't have that problem at all. Perhaps because I go to a girls' school and almost everyone has seen the films.

Quote:
If you don't mind my asking (I am male, so I can't really know the answer to this), why do the fangirls like him so much? I know each must have different reasons (or at least I hope so), but still, surely not every female can have the same taste, just like every male doesn't. I've always been curious to why he has such a massive following.
I think the person who answered this hit the nail on the head. I was going to say that I have not the slightest clue, because I didn't exactly choose to like him. I just suddenly did [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Leggyboppers - Should all be cruelly punished using the slow torture methods I spend my spare time thinking up.
Ahh the poor things...maybe they don't realise how annoying they are? I do, my friends tell me how annoying it is all the time. Therefore I refrain from talking about OB 24/7. Can I now be excused from this torture???

Quote:
So by rights the Orli fangirls and the Leggyboppers should be two different groups, but in my experience that is hardly the case.
In my experience there are three groups. The Orli group, the Leggyboppers group and the Both group. I'm kind of both, but more Orli. I have posters of Lord of the Rings all over my room, just one of Orli and...er...just...3 of Legolas *ducks flying tomatoes*

And hell, I liked the books first. Ok? My favourite character was Aragorn, because he was so noble. The next time it was Gandalf- it keeps changing. I did my book talk on Lord of the Rings- that was before I saw the films. Oh yeah, and I wrote an essay on it too for my coursework. I have read the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales and Lost Tales 1 and 2. Therefore am I labelled as a rabid fangirl who knows nothing of the character etc??? What am I???

Oooh, as for required reasing...that'd be interesting...except it generally means everyone would have to analyse it to death. But we might get to watch the films 'to help us understand it' [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although I doubt the film of TTT would help much...
But it is on our booklist at school, not that it means anything.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]