View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #4106
araxhiel
Newly Deceased

araxhiel has just left Hobbiton.
Hi all!

My name is Anton, and although I was aware of this forum, I never registered before (yeah, procrastination is kinda strong).

I knew about TLotR since I was a kid, as where we used to rent movies they had a copy of the 1978 animated movie (but my mom never choose that to take home LOL). A decade later, Peter Jackson's movies happened, and that was my first real approach to Tolkien's work.

Unfortunately, the only book that I've read of this series was the Silmarillion (around 2003) and being honest, I had the intention to read the other books, but never read them (procrastination strikes again...).

This next year I'll try to correct that, as I have decided to read all the books (and that's also a personal goal for next year)... Although I'm kinda nervous, as I'm attempting to read them in English, instead a translated version (The Silmarillion that I read back then was a translated version).

P.S. Sorry for my grammar mistakes, even after all these years I still have a long feud with grammar/verbs.
araxhiel is offline   Reply With Quote