View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night1 falls...

Night1 has now begun.

As soon as they know who they are, the ringwraiths may start plotting with each other and the seer may send me a pick.

Thread still closed to posting.

~*~

The guests arrived, mostly one by one, although there was two married couples among the invited as well. Seventeen of the twenty invited appeared, which Lady Lómiel considered a personal victory. She and her father had walked the way to the pier to welcome the guests who were eyeing around suspiciously, clearly expecting a trap from their hosts or fellow guests. But there was none; the bare rocky island made it clear there were no hidden soldiers around and all of the guests came alone, unattended and unguarded.

“I am glad so many of you have arrived,” Lord Thinroz said to his guests. “I am… I am… delighted.” His eyes wandered to the sea, very grey and restless tonight.
“We welcome you to our humble villa, not an ideal place for such noble people as us, but it suits the purpose of a secret council,” Lady Lómiel put in. “Let us go in now, it is needless to tarry here in the cold wind as we can as well make ourselves comfortable inside.”
Captain Nogrod, also known as The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin let out a laugh and said: “Ha! Cold wind? This wind is no cold wind at all. Do you want to know what is a cold wind? It really tears the flesh from your bones, like in the far seas where I…”
“The weather may not be coldest imaginable but it is unpleasant enough,” interrupted Lhunardawen, a Haradian queen.
“Yes, let us go in like our hosts suggested,” her husband, King Legate agreed.

So, they all followed their hosts up the stairs on the hillside and to the old, grievous-looking house on the hill. Lady Lómiel showed them their rooms and introduced the housekeeper, a mute old woman who was quickly agreed to be harmless. A little later, all the seventeen guests and Lord Thinroz alongside with his daughter were seated around a round table.

“Lord Thinroz Whiteblade will now introduce the topic of the council,” Lady Lómiel Starbrow announced, casting a meaningful glance at her father.
“Oh yes…” the old man said. “We are here to discuss…”
“With all respect sir, I have a question,” said Lady Isabellkya. “Why is your daughter attending the council? We were not supposed to bring anyone with us, and neither were you.”
“Besides she is known as an Elf-friend!” spat Groin, a Variag warlord.
Lady Lómiel laughed. “Yes, indeed, they even say I’ve had an Elf as a lover. Do you truly believe everything you hear?” She paused. “My father only promised to bring no servants or guards. I am neither. You don’t need to be worried by my presence. I will see that the housekeeper does her duties and act as a secretary of the meeting.”
There were a few grumblings, but no one protested aloud anymore. So, the hosts introduced the topic and the nineteen of them started debating the matter of the East. There were no conclusions reached and they went to sleep undecided and discontent.

After a few hours had passed, four of the guests emerged from their rooms and gathered to an old tearoom to have a private negotiation...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-01-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote