View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #143
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem
But its not an allegory. Its Art, & Art either works or it doesn't.
Would you care to elaborate this? Ars is tekhne, something that the humans can do, like know-how (to use an antique based but outdated term), things that can be taught and learned: skills, disciplines, technical stuff... If you're using the term 'art' in it's romantic version / meaning as something that is the contrary of the initial meaning - as something mystical, creative, personal, whatever - it's a different thing. But also an illusion, I'm afraid.

So who / what is an art? How it works or does not? (Sorry, it might be my broken English, but I really didn't catch your meaning here - I see what you're driving at, the arbitrariness - or whatever it is with proper English - of Eru in the whole, but how this discussion of art and it working or not is related to it?)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote