View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 06:26 PM   #186
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
Eomer I've come to a conclusion and I have to say.......you must really like wargs. Quite frankly your speaking so passionatly about wargs is what made me read this thread. I also have a little something to say about our belovedly snarling, and furry friends. During highschool I was ordered to read the epic novel Beowulf by the urgings of my teacher who wanted to help me expand my knowledge of Tolkiens readings. With Beowulf being one of Tolkiens favourite novels, I was more than happy to accept the challenge. I absolutley adored the novel. And I couldn't help noticing something. I had read LOTR long before I read Beowulf. With that being said I found myself using the same images I had for the wargs for my image of the deamon creature Grendal. My thoughts are that Tolkien loved the creature Grendal so dearly he felt he sort of needed to pay homage to this incredible being but with much greater numbers and savagery involved. Wargs are incredible creatures. They added another sense of ominous power to the unseen evil that is the Drak Lord.