View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #2029
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I don't really think it was the challenge itself that Athanar is angry with. It is the form of the challenge. The beginning of my post with Thornden kind of expresses, I think, what many people might be thinking - how the humor would have been right for Eodwine's time, but not now with this new lord and questions of authority still being bandied about.
You're quite right Foley with the "temporary-rule" -issue that it's mainly the way it was said, quite mockingly from Athanar's POV. But calling Athanar and his household "guests", by a soldier, and in public, is actually also something more substantial Athanar can't just tolerate.

Like he has shown the King's decree giving him the eorlship for everyone to see and then hearing someone calling him a guest five minutes later... thus basically publicly denying his authority. No leader would tolerate that, but someone else might have acted less heatedly.

But as you say Foley, there are so many issues of insecurity and threat around him that he overreacts. If and when we get this thing straightened out during some time and more posting, you'll see lord Athanar has nothing against a merry party... Although I don't think him to be a "party-animal" -type of person himself.

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-26-2009 at 11:24 AM.