View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #488
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Groin, since it's July 9, the sun sets about 9:30 p.m. When were you thinking that the hunters got back to camp and Erbrand was starting the skinning and dressing of the deer?
If the sun sets that late then I'm imagioning that they arrived around 8:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Incidentally, I'm trying to picture how the hunting party left and came back, with the Scar in the way. The hunting party would have had to go across the Scar to get to the plains to the north of the Scar, because the marshes are impossible for horses to get through without having a "Dan" experience. And on the way back the hunting party would have to cross the Scar before anybody from the camp knew the hunters were back unless a guard was set to look for them (which is certainly possible). How did you imagine it, Groin? I tend to see the Scar as almost impassable for horses, unless there's one particular spot that's been worked into a path of sorts.
The hunting party when east towards the river Entwash. Unfortunately I forgot all about that other strip of the scar heading south. I would then think that the group would head south along the scar to find a better place for them to turn east. However, if you it would be OK with you, I can have the group enter through a narrow pass in the scar (that they found on their way south) not too far from the camp. This might save time for further complications for people wanting to head east. Does that sound alright with you LMP, or should I just say that they came back the way that they went, from the south.

I'll get an insertion in as soon as you give your input.