View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #485
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Whoa! I hadn't expected that. So Dan has chosen to make Eodwine's decision for him instead of leaving it to his lord to make the decision; that is, whether Oeric can be trusted.

Now we need shaggydog to post, or else for him to let Firefoot know what Oeric's response will be; or, as an alternative, Firefoot can make a best guess what that response will be and revise as needed if shaggydog wants something different.

Let's get this Day wrapped up by the end of Sunday (tomorrow).

Groin, since it's July 9, the sun sets about 9:30 p.m. When were you thinking that the hunters got back to camp and Erbrand was starting the skinning and dressing of the deer?

Incidentally, I'm trying to picture how the hunting party left and came back, with the Scar in the way. The hunting party would have had to go across the Scar to get to the plains to the north of the Scar, because the marshes are impossible for horses to get through without having a "Dan" experience. And on the way back the hunting party would have to cross the Scar before anybody from the camp knew the hunters were back unless a guard was set to look for them (which is certainly possible). How did you imagine it, Groin? I tend to see the Scar as almost impassable for horses, unless there's one particular spot that's been worked into a path of sorts.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-12-2008 at 07:34 AM.