View Single Post
Old 08-25-2002, 08:43 PM   #30
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

I was watching this show called "World Over" and it was all about Tolkien and the books he wrote, and about his whole life. I don't noe if sumone had already said this, but i didn't have enough time to read all of your answers.
The anchor of the show was interviewing a man that wrote "Tolkien Man and Myth" (i think that's what it's called) and i recorded it so when i get time to watch it again, i can tell u all about it. I know it was a very in depth conversation, and all about how Tolkien incorporated Christianity in lotr.
everyting from Gandalf to Galadriel to the ring itself was talked about and it's tie to religon. even at the end when Frodo said the ring was getting to heavy to carry, it symbolized Jesus on the cross and how it got heavier 4 him to carry. When i watch it again i hope i understand it all! hope it helped, Jeli Baggins [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo