View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1261
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ledwyn and Theolain

“Oh do move faster!”

The boy did not reply, - or quicken his pace. He was too busy examining a thick muddy stick that he found somewhere along the road to pay heed to his mother. He did not realize that he was pulling down on Ledwyn’s arm, making it more difficult for her to walk.

Halting briefly, she swung her sack or clothing onto her other shoulder and picked Theolain up. He seemed to be getting heavier by the day. She could not now be more thankful for the miles that a generous farmer let her ride on the back of his wagon. But the sight of chimney smoke heartened her; she could not have been far away now. The scene promised a fire and a shelter to escape from the bitter wind.

The Scarburg Meadhall turned out to be even bigger than Ledwyn imagined it to be. She walked anxiously toward it, as if she was going to see King Elessar in his high city of Mundburg instead of the Lord Athanar. She didn’t see a single person around, and the dim din from withing the Hall suggested that breakfast was not over yet. She was almost at the doors when she noticed Theolain’s stick, and put an end to his entertainment, cutting him off with a sharp word when he tried to object.

She knocked. Once, twice. No one seemed to hear. It is no wonder they cannot hear me, if so many men are talking at once, she thought. After waiting for a few more moments Ledwyn pushed at the door to open it just wide enough for her, came inside, tugging Theolain behind her, and almost ran into a man who was walking somewhere.

“My apology, sir,” she said. “I am looking for the Lord Athanar. I wish to speak with him.” The man hesitated. “I am Ledwyn,” she continued when she realized that she did not introduce herself, “from the West Emnet. I would speak with the Eorl. I come to live here, if he allows. With my son.”

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.