View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #17
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The most enjoyable part of the show is talking about it here with you all, at the end of all things....er, beginning?

Wow, we all thought Galadriel was treated a bit like a Mary Sue, she's nothing compared to Celeborn. When he appeared out of the ashes and smoke carrying Halbrand, Bronwyn, Arondir, Theo, Elendil, Isildur and the Queen of Numenor in his arms it was like c'mon y'all, this is worse than Sam leaving Frodo on the stairs of Cirith Ungol just to show back up half an hour later. The fact that he disappeared to make some kind of ring giving him time-travel capabilities is a silly silly plot point and is just an excuse to place him in every scene. Like when he rescued Elrond from falling down the pit where he might have landed directly onto the balrog, or when he led the harfeet far East into Eriador and taught them how to plant, harvest and smoke pipe-weed, or where he appeared in Celebrimbor's workshop trying unsuccessfully to teach him how to forge magic rings. I don't recall Tolkien saying he had violet eyes either.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote