View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 02:47 AM   #11
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thank y'all! I should say that it is also a joy and privilege that the little one has been born into such an amazing extended family that the 'Downs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
From our Downs family to yours: congratulations Legate and Lommy! Never mind their real name, what username to bequeath them? Thinny of Amon Lanc? Legalomien? The options are endless!
Now that is certainly a complicated topic indeed, it would probably easily fill its own thread by the amount of possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Leglomien of Amon Thin! Penguin-180!
Penguin180 certainly sounds like a username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
(But imagine the amount of wishy-floppy flip-washiness if someone with such a username ever joined a game of WW! )
In the name of Eru, no! I had not considered the potential genetic outcome in this particular field, and now I am dreading, should the hour ever come, reading such a person's Werewolf-analyses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
(Is the title of Legate inheritable?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
In Middle-earth everything is hereditary. I think the heir to a Legate would be a Tribune, so congratulations to Tribune *Legalomien too. ^_^
Ha! Indeed! Nice catch.

Obviously though if the Legate part is accounted for in the Tribune, then it should logically be something like Tribune of Amon Lóm. - Hey! Of course! How about something like...

*dramatic drumroll*

Tribune of Dor-Lómin?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote