View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #47
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Commenting as I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron
I like Lommy's implied point that 'the noisy people all look suspicious' is fairly standard TiG material while the quieter people slip by undiscussed. Not sure what to do about it, but I like it.
Well, that is a statement worthy of a captain obvious of movie!Legolas's calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I'm not quite sure what I'm saying. Something like, if a Legwolf thinks Huiwolf is behaving typically Huiwolvish he may want to pretend bad memory as an excuse for not picking it up. It's not an argument that they must be wolves together, but I think it would kind of make sense psychologically.
"I'm not quite sure what I'm saying" screamed honest innocent to me, but the convoulted argumentation that follows does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
It is a little strange how much Morsul was focusing on Huin early, to the almost complete exclusion of anyone else. In fact, I don't think Morsul has interacted with or mentioned anyone other than Huin, with his throwaway comment about Boro posting first being the exception that proves the rule. I don't know what to make of it. It's not a great strategy if they're packmates, and he switches between suspicion and trust so quickly that it doesn't suggest any special knowledge - if I had to guess, I would say Morsul is either a wolf and Huin isn't, or Morsul is an ordo with a bit of tunnel vision. Definitely the most suspicious thing to happen thus far, although I acknowledge that that's a low bar to clear at this point in the game.
Tunnel vision is also a fairly convenient strategy for a wolf - if you pick up an innocent as your target, you can keep at it until they die and can meanwhile ignore mentioning your packmates and leaving traces, then wehn the innocent dies you just have to publicly sprinkle ash on yourself for being wrong. That being said, I don't think Morsul fixating on Hui during Day1 when there was little to go on counts as tunnel vision yet, innocent or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I do think though it's unlikely Hui and Morsul are both wolves here - I feel that Hui's playing style would mean they'd have no qualms about throwing another wolf under the bus, and that the suspicion of Morsul is almost too half-hearted by this post for it to be a wolf-Hui doing that.
I don't see a Hui-Morsul duo as particularly likely either, but I disagree with the latter half of what you're saying: how could Hui's suspicion of Morsul not be half-hearted? It's Day1. There's really not very much to go on. Even for a wolf grasping at straws and trying to bus/incriminate their fellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
So she suspects Hui because of bad vibes but not really, and Morsul for being touchy, a bit more really but then again... Seeing how Hui and Morsul suspecting each other had been most of the action so far, this feels to me much like a wolf thinking, "Hmm, either of these could become a promising bandwagon but let's not commit just yet."
I do suspect Hui for the bad vibes I'm getting. I'm just second-guessing my suspicion because it is, as I said, only based on "vibes". That's not very much, even for Day1.

As for Morsul, I think his defensiveness is fishy, but especially after seeing Kath's post, I am a little worried about Morsul's claim of always being an easy target becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But then again, they are - alongside with you, Pitch - the people who caught my attention, so what can you do? *throws hands in the air*

Of the later-comers, Kath gives me an innocent vibe but I'm wary of her argumentation and her Morsul vote, and Lottie's commentary on Morsul's tunnel vision seems to be turning into tunnel vision from her part. Which also seems somehow... convenient.

Ah, Form. His anti-Day1 attitude always makes me want to vote for him on Day1. I refuse to give him a pass for reffusing to participate on Day1 just because he doesn't like Day1s. I am aware he does this as both innocent and wolf but it pushes my buttons every time! Like, if you're a wolf, that's not fair play! And if you're innocent stop being silly, we need your contribution! *taking deep breaths in order not to get worked up by this*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote