View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #28
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
But let's say I was trying to start a debate about Day 1s? What's wrong with debate? I mean in the end the only way we can hope to rid our camp of these devils is for everyone to participate and debate.
If you look back, I actually never said there was anything wrong or suspicious about it. On the contrary, I think it's one of the tried and tested ways to get people talking about something, which can then lead to more fruitful conversations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Greenie giving a little summation post and going. Looks kind of evil like "here's what's happened so far, but I won't go further into what I think or feel about it." It looks like an attempt to point the day discussion towards certain people (Lottie, sally, myself and Lommy) but not giving her own opinions.
Fair - though I did mention in the same post that I was at work and couldn't contribute properly until later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, it could be as easily jumping on something that exists (a "bandwagon", if you will, or something that could easily start one).

As for smileys as telltale signs - even a Wolf with a smiley could rile up public opinion in a "joking" accusation (I'd say even better, in fact, because they could back out on the premise that it was a joke). That being said, mentioning Lommy as "wanting to start a bandwagon" is also a statement that could be interpreted as trying to "paint someone black". But at least she said that, while with the other you literally seemed like you picked up something that somebody said that Boro said.
Not sure about this argument - especially since, as noted above, there was no "accusation" or even suspicion in that post at all. I also don't greatly love the implication that I'm being careless or not checking my sources. (I'm an academic. I always check my sources. )

On another note, I found this really interesting -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate, re: Huin
While I share the sentiment on Day 1 debates, I think you are bringing it back a bit obsessively.
Legate has a point in that Huin is indeed pursuing it to a noticeable extent - even if I wouldn't go so far as to call it "obsessive". But then, Legate himself is arguably just as keen on pursuing Huin (and to some extent myself) about it. I'm not sure what to make of this yet, except Huin gives me decent vibes so far (the inquisitiveness and getting people talking) and I seem to remember Legate tends to be more abrasive when he's innocent, too.

That said, I'm also somewhat fascinated by this catch from Pitch -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate #26
Hui I see continues to ruffle some feathers. I think a Wolf would not necessarily overdo things in such a manner, however, I am not sure if I have ever seen a Huiwolf and how it would operate. Another possibility that now occurs to me is that this back-and-forth between Hui and Boro is some theatrical Wolf-on-Wolf maneuver.
Now this is a strange thing to say for a player who sniffed out a Huiwolf, on D2, pushed for his lynching and was killed for it just two games ago (granted, that was last year, but still). Actually makes me think whether the two are in cohorts, in which case the Wolf-on-Wolf-scenario could lay the grounds for tarnishing Boro in case Hui bites the noose.
This would be a fabulous scenario - though if they were wolves together, Legate forgetting about having sniffed out a previous Huiwolf would be very odd. As a purposeful deception (pretending not to remember his role in the demise of a past Huiwolf), I can't see what purpose it would serve - especially since they couldn't really count on no one else remembering that. If anything, this leads me to the opposite conclusion from Pitch - that Huin and Legate are somewhat unlikely to be wolves together. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all the possible different configurations of Legate/Huin/Boro and who might be in cahoots with whom (or if they are, as usual, nothing but active innocents trying to get the conversation going), but it's giving me a headache at the moment!

As for everyone else - I don't have a good read on anyone yet (what a shocker, halfway through Day 1). I do second Lommy in that Morsul's defensiveness was eye-catching, but I'm not sure how much to read into it. And - that's about it? Clearly I need to look around more
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote