View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 01:45 AM   #2025
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree

I don't remember when was it the last time I had a Barrow-Downs dream, but today's counts as such, to a degree.

Majority of it revolved around going by a bus trip to some UNESCO site, which was a singular tree standing in the middle of a field, possibly somewhere in the countryside in Italy. There was something Tolkienesque about the tree, but that was not the Barrow-Downs part of the dream.

The Barrow-Downs part revolved around Lommy speaking to locals in Italian and making some jokes in it which was actually rather embarrassing, but also, more notably, Oddwen accompanying Jesus - as in, Jesus of Nazareth - as a passenger on the bus. (Sidenote: whereas I've had my share of Barrow-Downs dreams, this may be the first time in my life I had a dream in which Jesus made a physical appearance.)

Now the bus driver did not approve and wanted to throw Jesus out of the bus, claiming that he was "some unwashed hobo". Oddwen vehemently stood up in defence of the man of Nazareth, and to prove that he was no hobo, she testified that they had just been shopping together in a renowned fashion store for clothes of a famous international brand. To further prove that she was not making this up and that Jesus had really been buying some clothes in that shop (he was not wearing them, though - he wore the basic white linen you usually see him depicted wrapped in when he comes out of the tomb, so the bus driver's complaint was not unwarranted), Oddwen procured a plastic bag with the shop's logo as proof.

The driver accepted this explanation and afterwards became rather friendly and started chatting merrily to all passengers, to the point that he almost did not realise when he had arrived at the UNESCO site that was our destination and nearly drove into the very protected tree.

Sufficient to say, this has certainly been one of the more bizarre dreams of late.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote