View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #13
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And since the game is probably leaning toward the orc villagers as is, what do you think about a three post maximum for a ghost, and 3 word minimum for a sentence? Too complicated? Or maybe four or five word minimum, no repeating sentences? Or the "first sentences of chapters only" rule that was discussed earlier? If the ghost got into the spirit of the thing, of course (no pun intended) we wouldn't need so many rules but we also need to "phantom proof". Hmm.
I would argue against the 3 post maximum rule, because that doesn't give the Ghost a chance to actually interact with the Living. I just imagine them having to watch the game development silently for entire Day, sitting on their post count, waiting for the moment when they need to use that post to redirect conversation. I think that if there will be a post limit at all, it should be more liberal.

I think 4-5 words minimum is a good cut off.

First sentences... or, how about first sentences of paragraphs? That opens the field a bit more, gets you digging through more text, is less predictable, but is less flexible than using any sentence at all. I'm not sure which I like better - having the "first sentence" rule or not having it.