View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 05:13 PM   #348
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I assume all the returning players went through this last game: does the fact that the Dead Thread chose Brinn as their medium suggest any endorsement of Brinn or is it strictly that the vote she was making is what they wanted to see voted?

Obviously, they KNOW as little as any of us (as evinced by their vote against what is now a Known Innocent), but is there any precedent for taking that as any sort of an endorsement? I'm acting on the assumption not, but that's a place where the "unspoken assumptions" would be valuable to know.

As promised, I looked my surprisingly-still-updated Excel file, but (guessing, as this is the first time I've used one) there is less value to it than in looking at Day 1, because Day 2 features a lot more lists and will naturally be heavily weighted, not just toward those who post the most, but toward those who are accumulating votes.

However...

That isn't to say there's nothing to observe. While it makes sense that, as the two most-voted-for candidates, Nog and I were tied in my unscientific reckoning with 57 mentioning/quoting posts each, the opposite end--with only 13 mentioning/quoting posts each--are Greenie and Lommy. For context, the next lowest is Sally, who is still making up a deficit of attention, at 18.

Now, that isn't to say that either of them are Wolves, but they are each 100% under-the-radar and, given our lack of success as a village catching any wolves, deserve some more scrutiny.

Not statistically-driven, I'm still suspicious of Pitchwife and Kath, and nothing that has happened overNight has shaken me--if anything, the fact that a BG Kill can be plausibly interpreted as an oblique means of pushing attention in my direction, I feel slightly more confirmed in suspicions. Although, push comes to shove, I think I am more concerned about Kath now, if I have to pick one of the two of them. Although Pitch has been more rambunctious (picking up a few "giving me Cobbler-vibes" around the village, and--more to the point--engaged me directly, whereas Kath didn't really engage. That could just be timezones--but she was around to vote after I did--and it could be Wolvish. It could also be both.

On the other hand...

Not counting the Medium-vote, Nog had four votes--and Pitch was one of them. Of Rikae, Legate, Brinn and himself, I find him the most suspicious, but I suspected him to begin with. Two Wolves in this batch would not surprise me; more than that would. If I had to pick a second Wolf from their number right now, I would incline toward Legate or Brinn. Rikae I trust, though for no reason I can pin down. Legate probably SHOULD get the greater scrutiny, given Nog's repeated unease with him, but Nog knew as little for certain as we do, so I don't rate Legate that much more suspicious than Brinn.

Last edited by Formendacil; 06-08-2020 at 05:15 PM. Reason: X-ed with Brinn's immediate preceding post.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote