Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #338
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream tonight, evidently in light of the recent threads up in the Books forum, that Theodred returned to life (either actually, or as a ghost, I wasn't sure). He appeared before Eomer, and Eomer said something very Shakespearian-sounding, like "your face doth look familiar to me". Theodred was disappointed at Eomer's face recognition skills. He then told Eomer that the country has the potential to prosper, and yet it just barely chugs on. He showed Eomer some mine, I think, and how much whatever they were mining for there was compared to how much they actually got out of it. Then, leaving Eomer to work with the mining industry, he got himself a chariot drawn by two horses and rose to a different place, probably the border. There were two guards. He told them he's going to lift this country up, and gave them each a few orders. Then he said he was going to the next thing he wants to improve in Rohan, and left them the chariot ("and those no-good horses!") because they were too slow. But the guards figured that this chariot was a very recent design, made after Theodred's death, so he just probably didn't know how to attach the harnesses properly. When they examined it, sure, as soon as they got a piece to click in place the horses whisked away, chariot and all.

And in the end it came down to Eomer and Theodred debating the nature of the non-covalent attraction between chocolate pudding and a metal spoon.