View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:01 AM   #130
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
So, come September 10th, LotROnline will be free-to-play. Something which is very close to what I can afford!

Does anyone still play?
I am really no fan of MMORPGS or such things (and, well, even the time of ruthless pc game-playing is behind me), but I actually have tried LOTRO a long time ago, around the time the Mines of Moria came out, as a trial thing for a week... Given my general restraint towards any depictions of Middle-Earth in the "wide public", I found it quite good still, and now that the announcement about it being free came to me, I have sort of randomly returned to try it again.

It is still all brand new to me, so I don't feel any side-effects like those things Kuru and Morth mentioned, and for now I am fine with basically running around for various quests and enjoying the scenery. But if there were some 'Downers I could meet, it would be definitely worth it. I am not sure how much the communities are compatible, right now I have both my old and my current (both rather low-level) characters on the Meneldor server, so if anybody was there... or at least let me know on which server should I make my future characters, if it came to that. (Although maybe I won't know that the game exists anymore after some time... but if I got hooked, for instance by other 'Downers...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote