Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #319
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
1420!

Seems the Barrow-Down dreams are far more often than LotR dreams (especially thanks to Lommy ). But anyway, I had a LotR, non-BD dream this night, although it had many aspects from RL...
The story was, that the dean of our faculty along with two other professors or who they were came to my house (which looked totally different) to have a lecture on something concerning the book of Job. I was there along with two other people as audience. I don't know who was the first of them, but the other was Sam Gamgee who was a student and this was shortly before his promotion. All the three lecturers came in, and the two professors normally sat with us, as the dean left, went to the nearby forest, took on a mask of a dog and returned. Then he pretended to be dog and attacked Sam, who was sort of nervous and said something in Latin which I didn't understand (in the dream, it had a character of saying some typical quote, like "et tu, Brutus" or "quo vadis" or something like that, but in real it was a complete nonsense, I don't remember it). It turned out, however, that Sam also didn't know the meaning of what he said (he was probably thinking it would make him look clever), since one of the professors asked him and he didn't know, then the profs started to talk to each other that this is quite a problem when a student who is before his promotion doesn't know such a typical thing, and they finally decided that instead of the planned lecture, the dean is going to spent half an hour with explaining what Sam's words meant.

Make of it what you wish. The dream didn't make sense to me at all, not a single thing in it. I have no clue why Sam or our dean appeared there, and the three lecturers also aren't much logical (not speaking of the dog mask). But why Sam? I haven't encountered anything concerning Sam a long time. If you said Arvedui or other folk about whom there was quite a mess in the Quiz Room, but Sam...? Hmmm... now when I think of it... maybe it might have something to do with the little note of Volo's or who it was, yesterday, that in the upcoming WWXXXIII no one wants to pick the role of Sam... but still...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote